Sunday, May 04, 2008

 

QUILTIE SWAP

Here is a pic of the quiltie I sent to Di over in England. It was for a quiltie swap I took part in. I crazy-patched the block and mostly free-embroidered the Aussie wildflowers using DMC threads,silk ribbon and some of my hand-dyed rayon thread which is very similar to an Edmar thread. I think the waratah flower turned out the best, being bullion wraps over a felt centre. The hardest to depict, I found was the kangaroo paw, which turned out a little bulky, but I guess it's still recognisable (AT least I hope it is)LOL
Comments:
Helen your embroidery is exquisite as usual!
I have found the kangaroo works well with bullion stitching and thick silk thread.
 
Great block Helen, the Aussie flowers ar so realistic.
Margaret
 
Great block Helen, the Aussie flowers ar so realistic.
Margaret
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe with Bloglines

Bloggers Who Embellish

Join | List | Previous | Next | Random