Wednesday, March 07, 2007

 

Trapped!

In the littoral zone! Whilst waiting for
inspiration" to strike with a view to working on Jacqui's White in White CQRR,I felt the need to play.
One of the groups I'm involved with,had the theme "trapped";

Only trouble was,it was the machine-needle-felting and after a couple of months of my Xpressions being moth-balled I've nearly forgotten how to use it!

So this piece is a no-brainer to get me back into making journal quilts again.

Rainbow paper was used to colour the silk Noil fabric and then shells, and yarns representing seaweed were trapped behind some black bridal tulle.
A piece of driftwood left by previous house owner was draped with faux -fur yarn and added at the base.

My idea was to represent the sealife trapped by a falling tide.
(reminder to self......an odd thong (flip-flop sandal) needs to be added) Posted by Picasa
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe with Bloglines

Bloggers Who Embellish

Join | List | Previous | Next | Random