Friday, September 01, 2006

 

Mary's Block


Finally I have finished Mary's (Joma's daughter) block... I had so little to do on it and just couldn't get to it... I hope you like it Mary... I combined painting, stitching and beading for Mary's block - each of the butterflies were handpainted as was the background behind the grasses... I wanted to give my piece a sense of movement both with the butterflies and the music notes... Perhaps my overall theme is that nothing stays the same - Life is always moving...
Now over to you LynB for the next contribution...
Comments:
I do like your grasses and seed heads at the bottom of the patch Sharon.What type paints did you use on the flutterbys?
 
The butterflies I found at a wonderful scrap booking shop in Malvern...In Mary's logbook she stated that she loved butterflies -they also matched perfectly with the blue of the patch - tone on tone... However as I played about with them I soon realised that the block needed some extra colour...I have some Jo Sonia paints left over from my decorative/folk art phase... They were a little fiddly to paint so I used a pin to hold them down while I painted... I 'layer' painted them until I achieved the look I wanted...

As a matter of fact I tried a couple of them on your block in autumn colours and I think they would work really well with your theme - that's if you don't object...
 
Go for it Sharon........I love butterflies.
Have you thought of holding them with fine fine tweezers whilst painting?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe with Bloglines

Bloggers Who Embellish

Join | List | Previous | Next | Random