Friday, September 08, 2006

 

ATC with Japanese/haiku theme

 

These days I seem to be spending more time on KenmaursCorner than blogging on CQCrazy.

So,although this isn't strictly CQ I thought that as I'd acquired the Obi fabric for use in CQ might excuse me!

The ATC swap was themed" Japanese and Haiku":
The brief was to choose a haiku and then construct an ATC (Artist Trading Card) to illustrate the theme of the haiku.
We could either compose our own haiku or choose one of the masters.
I chose finally to use this:

A folded fan of Autumn
Is inserted
In the obi hard like a fan.
Now I'd bought this,and a larger fan at last October's Stitches & Craft Show in Brisbane,and I felt that this haiku by Hisajo Sugita and the Obi fabric were perfect for the display of the smaller fan.

On the reverse of the fan I've made a tulle pocket to hold the haiku card.
This is one ATC I won't be trading---It's also my first.

The other four were mailed to NZ today.

 Posted by Picasa
Comments:
Just lovely Mauz ! Aren't you just the clever one.

I'd be keeping it to, you need something for all your hard work.

How big is it?
 
Maureen,
I am very impressed and interested in this writing. So you have English translation of Japanese haiku book and are reading Hisajo and others haiku. Really nice to know it.
Hideko
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe with Bloglines

Bloggers Who Embellish

Join | List | Previous | Next | Random