Friday, June 02, 2006

 

Lynettes block


Here is the work I have done on lynettes block, the grass is cast on stitch-long ones, and the flowers are also cast on stitch- round ones. the only difference is where you bring you needle out of the fabric, close to where it went in (circles) or further away (lines) There is a small yellow french knot for some zing in the centre of the flowers. Lynette requested a garden theme for her blocks. I had much grander plans...but it's not my block and I was worried I would muck it up.
Still not sure if the stems need leaves??



Comments:
The flowers look great Jo, a good foil for the red piece next to this patch. I think that leaves would take away from the work on the flowers themselves, some flowers do have bare stems. WEll done!
 
I like it as is too.it is very effective. Cheers, Margaret
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe with Bloglines

Bloggers Who Embellish

Join | List | Previous | Next | Random