Friday, June 23, 2006

 

Becky's Block



Becky's block is now on it's way to Sharon, at last. I finished stitching it this morning. As the section I embellished reminded me a little of tree bark, I decided to embroider some Aussie wildflowers on it. I began by sketching out a rough design on some paper. Once the placement looked okay to me, I threaded up my needle and started stitching, using what I call my 'freehand' embroidery. This almost always involves a little of what Maureen has coined 'frog stitching'(Rippit, rippit, rippit)LOL - as I don't transfer the design first.
There are some gumnuts and blossoms (eucalytus), bottlebrush (callistemon) and some wattle (acacia). FinallyI added some of our tiny stingless native bees. I stitched all of this with DMC stranded threads using straight stitches, french knots and lazy daisy stitch.
I thought I'd better not do any seam treatments as I had already taken up quite a large space.


Comments:
Wow these are lovely... I have been admiring your white on white work that you did on J's block now I will have these to look at as well...
 
I love it Helen! Especially the tiny bees :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe with Bloglines

Bloggers Who Embellish

Join | List | Previous | Next | Random