Wednesday, May 10, 2006

 

MY NAKED BLOCKS


My first block has an under the sea theme. Mostly aqua shades, some pieces have swirls and watermarks, others are hand-dyed fabrics from an ocean baggie swap I once took part in. I like the idea of piecing some similar blocks and turning them all into a larger wall-hanging.
My second block is pieced from more neutral-coloured fabrics with different textures - linens, cottons, silks etc. This pic is not quite showing the true colours, they are slightly more creamy shades.
This block will eventually also be part of a larger wall-hanging. I envisioned it as being created from as many different textured fabrics ( as natural-fibred as possible ), in shades of cream through beiges to the many different tones of brown. Using these same shades to embellish it, I'd love it to exhibit all kinds of natural fibres and objects eg. jute, hemp, hessian, silk, cotton, wood, cork, bone, MOP, tortoiseshell, leather, feathers, beads, buttons, threads, string etc. etc. Albeit some of these may have to be of the faux variety, the end result should look just as good.
Don't be daunted, I'd be just as happy with a seam treatment in DMC as with any of the above. Please just have lots of fun. I know I will be.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe with Bloglines

Bloggers Who Embellish

Join | List | Previous | Next | Random