Tuesday, January 17, 2006

 

about the crazy quilt

,Jacqui, Jo Ulla, thanks for the kind words. The quilt was all free hand with each block 12 '' x 9 '' ( I think).The centre was done from a pattern but I embellished it more, to match in with the blocks which were mostly made from scraps. I did have to but some material. I did not over embellish the blocks Each block was done with batting attached, so when they were all done I butted them together and joined them with a home made half inch strip, at the same time backing and quilting as I went which is easier than trying to do a full quilt at one go. I was persuaded to enter in the Maryborough show, and was thrilled to get 2nd place. Sadly I have not done a big project since, but have played with all sorts of little things. My next major project will be a table runner for my sister in Wales., for which I am still gathering material, in the meantime I am playing with hearts, and mobile phone bags. Cheers, Margaret
">Link

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe with Bloglines

Bloggers Who Embellish

Join | List | Previous | Next | Random