Saturday, October 29, 2005

 

Closer view of my work on Mary's block


Closer view of my work on Mary's block
Originally uploaded by Jam_mam.
Two 12 year old girls (more to follow?) are sending cq blocks around the world for a group of internet cq friends of their mums' to embroider and embellish. Hopeing to plant seeds for future crafters in the next generation :) Mairead tells me that purple and orange are opposit each other on the colour wheel (?) so that's why I chose these threads. The block is very floral so this seemed appropriate and Mary has decorated her log book with a butterfly so there are plenty of butterflies to keep it company here. I am having a shisha moment so I started with these little pieces of 'mirror' (actually cut from an old CD- thanks SharonB) and the rest 'grew' from there. Hope everyone likes it :-) Maureen and Belle were a hard act to follow!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe with Bloglines

Bloggers Who Embellish

Join | List | Previous | Next | Random