Sunday, August 14, 2005

 

Joma's Block
















I have just finished Joma's block and it is looking stunning. In the top corner on a pale pink patch I worked a row of long and short lazy daisy and straight stitch in Edmar Iris green thread. For the flowers I worked a cluster of French Knots in Colour Streams Ophir silk (Venetian Sunset)

The wired silk ribbon I used for the pansy is 5/8" wide and in shades of pink through to purple with a bronze sheen. I used hand dyed bias silk ribbon for the leaves worked in ribbon stitch.

I hope you like it Diane.


">Link



Comments:
Beautiful :) and yes this block is looking very special - well done to the 'advanced' group for giving us beginners something to aim for :)
 
Who hoo
It's going to be a hard act to follow,coming after Helen and Hope.
Dianne,I can't wait to see your block "in the flesh"!
The garden theme seems to be flourishing...and not a cat in sight,I'll have to remedy that,won't I ,Mary?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe with Bloglines

Bloggers Who Embellish

Join | List | Previous | Next | Random