Tuesday, July 19, 2005

 

Pinup's block

No,I'm not showing you,yet!
But last night I finally started on Evie's block.
A couple of "unpicks" later,it's starting to shape up:

Using a sample of Sadi gold thread that Joma sent me,I've couched that along one seam line....it picks up the gold of the fabrics and the beads and sun motif;
Then I just HAD to add a bit of BDE:a red lily on a red patch---sounds weird I know,but I thought that by working red on red it wouldn't be too dominant against the fantastic beading motif in central position by Helen, and Hope's beautiful peacock feather;
then on another seam I did a Cretan stitch,but think I'll ribbit out tonight as the thread is too fine!

By the bye,one thing I did learn ,is that the gold thread I used(looks like square gold shavings) does not take kindly to being caught up in an embroidery hoop :-(
so when the block gets to you,please try NOT to squeeze the Sadi into a hoop!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe with Bloglines

Bloggers Who Embellish

Join | List | Previous | Next | Random