Wednesday, July 27, 2005

 

Online Resources

I don't know if you can get the magazine of the UK embroiderers guild 'Stitch' where you are but if you can't or if you can but would like to look at back issues the link above will take you to their website. There is an excellent set of projects from previous issues available by clicking on the links in the lefthand menu. They give detailed instructions for each project.

I mentioned the mag on the Aussie mags craft forum too but thought it bore repeating here. I have just received my subscription issue of the August/September issue and it has a great article on BDE, makes those threads sound really slippery tho' so I admire those of you who use them all the more.

There are lots of techniques not immediately associated with CQ but which are adaptable and a great source of inspiration I especially liked the article on couching with some beautiful pictures

or how about this on mountmellick?


If what you are after is more basic stitches for seam treatments scroll further down that lefthand menu and there is a stitch directory with really clear diagrams.

Enjoy :)
Comments:
I love the texture of Montmellick Jacqui..and Candlewicking,and........!!
BTW
http://CQMagOnline.com/
has just updated.
So check it out for all sorts of goodies related to CQ!
 
I liked the Mermaid's Chatelaine, the "encrusting" I have seen online somewhere else before and was mightily impressed and thought I'd like to have a go sometime.

I'll put it in my "to do" list.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe with Bloglines

Bloggers Who Embellish

Join | List | Previous | Next | Random