Sunday, June 26, 2005

 

BDE

With both Hope and Jacqui expressing an interest in Brazilian (dimensional) Embroidery I thought it was about time that I re-honed my skills. As I'm working on a "Dancing fan" for Maureen B from yet another CQ site I thought to add an extra dimension to a bunch of flowers.
First up I worked a lily and a bud in double cast on stitch,and then for a fill-in am adding some Lazy daisy with bullion.
Both (lots of) flowers have been worked in Lola weight thread,with Frost leaves and stems and Glory stamens.
I'll add a scan and "how to",later------------
Comments:
Hi all :) thought you'd like to know that the next issue of 'Stitches' from the Embroidery Guild has an article on BDE in it. It is out 18th July (I think!) Lovely mag (only just discovered it) has lots on stump work and goldwork etc. etc. and yes I am going to subscribe. :)
 
Jacqui
If you can get the Embroidery and X-stitch mag from Express publications(the lot that puts out AP&Q;and the others listed on the Craft forum site) you'll see that they regularly have projects and "how-to's" on Silk Ribbon emb;Brazilian and Gold work.
I find it a mag well worth buying,but then I love hand embroidery!!)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe with Bloglines

Bloggers Who Embellish

Join | List | Previous | Next | Random